A place to stay and celebrate...
"An idyllic setting which makes us want to come back time and time again!"
In the picturesque Derbyshire Dales, on the edge of the Peak District National Park, Standlow Farm nestles in the valley of Kniveton.
Designed to retain many original features, Standlow offers country lifestyle with the convenience of modern amenities. With a mix of cottages, some with hot tubs, Standlow caters for small families or large groups.
All cottages enjoy shared use of the private gardens with children's play area, a paddock for ball games, and a large games room.
The views from the terrace are spectacular and with the outdoor lighting, BBQs can continue long into the evening.
High View Grange - sleeps 14/17.
7 bedrooms, 3 of which are ensuite, plus a family bathroom. Private hot tub in the garden.
Foxglove cottage - sleeps 8/10 across 4 bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms. Private hot tub in the garden.
Bluebell cottage - sleeps 4/6 across 2 bedrooms (1 double, 1 twin), and one bathroom.
Clover cottage -sleeps 4/6 across 2 bedrooms (1 double, 1 twin), and one bathroom.
Daisy cottage - sleeps 4/6 across 2 double bedrooms, and one shower room.
The Barn - sleeps 7 upstairs, and offers dining for 20 plus. Private hot tub on the terrace.
"Relaxation and hot tubs"
* High View Grange, Foxglove Cottage & The Barn each offer a private hot tub all year round.
* Each of our self-catering cottages is centred around comfort and relaxation, with comfortable beds and sofas to help make your stay a delight.
* Unwind walking the Derbyshire countryside from the door of Standlow.
"Set in 9 acres of countryside above the village of Kniveton"
* Each cottage and the farmhouse have the benefit of a terrace, stunning views and garden furniture with BBQ for relaxing.
* Pet-friendly accommodation, with dog walks right from your doorstep.
* A short stroll down to the village of Kniveton offers a delightful church and village pub. The Red Lion serves food and ales, and welcomes visitors.
* 1 mile away sits Carsington Water, perfect for water sports, cycling and walking.
* WIFI available.
"Large games room and children's play area"
* Self-catering family holidays are easy at Standlow, with well-equipped kitchens and activities for all ages.
* Enjoy shared use of the gardens and children's play area with swings, slide and climbing frame.
* Football and other ball games can be played in the paddock.
* Large games room with two full size snooker/pool tables, bar billiards, football table and table tennis.
"Ashbourne and surrounding villages"
* The market town of Ashbourne is situated 3 miles away, and offers supermarkets and independent shops and cafes.
* Tissington is a delightful village 4 miles away, which offers a tearoom and small craft shops.
* Take a short drive and enter into the Peak District and view the spectacular Derbyshire Dales.
* Alton Towers and Gulliver's Kingdom are within a short drive.
"A spectacular venue..."
"Best Christmas ever"
by Griffiths - Jan 2016
We spent a family Christmas/Birthday here and it was awesome. The facilities were spacious and more that enough for the large group. We occupied all of the cottages and everyone had their own space and comfort. We got together in the barn and that was also very spacious and able to accommodate everyone in comfort given that it was cold outside and the outdoor space was not often used.
As it was Christmas the cottages were all decorated and the larger ones even had Christmas trees which was an unexpected bonus.
We were even able to use the hottub in the cold. The area is gorgeous with great views and also quite safe.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone. The location is also great as it was not far for grocery shopping.
"Best Xmas ever"
by Michele P - Jan 2016
That was the refrain from the 50+ family and friends that spent Christmas 2015 together. This event was 18months in the making and if your family is anything like mine at times it felt like herding cats!! But the support and guidance from Julia and her team were next to none, friendly, and accommodating in every since of the word. The accommodation is beautiful and the special touches, Christmas trees and festive decorations boxes of chocolates where more than appreciated. I wasn't sure if I want to write a good review because it might mean others will go there making it difficult for me to get another booking!!. We had a delightful time and we would highly recommend it.
"Lovely venue for a group gathering"
by Lizzie - October 2015
We had a fabulous weekend at Standlow - had Highview House, Bluebell and Clover Cottages 23 of us in all. Beds very comfortable and good to have the choice of twin or King in all rooms. Kitchen and dining well equipped for a large group so easy catering. Hot tub and games room a hit with everyone. Great situation - gorgeous walks right outside the door and lots of great things to see and do in the area. Planning to return for a similar weekend in October 2016.
"It exceeded our expectations"
by Sarah & family- March 2018
We have had an amazing weekend at Standlow, it exceeded our expectations and everyone was so happy with the accommodation and facilities. The whole place is perfect and we had everything we could have asked for in a beautiful setting. The Barn was the perfect place for my husbands birthday too!
Thank you so much for the hire of Standlow we really have had the best time!
Explore and Book your unforgettable experience with us today!
Our Latest News
What's happening locally, events and updates to our properties - everything to improve your stay.
See all news