A place to stay and celebrate...
"Wonderful country manor in spectacular gardens, with hot tub and swimming pool"
Shiningford Manor is Grade II listed and was built in 1804. It offers opulent self-catering accommodation for up to 18 guests, with a swimming pool and hot tub, on the shores of Carsington Water.
The 8 bedrooms & 6 bathrooms are decorated and furnished in a contemporary style, yet still in keeping with the glorious rural setting.
Relax in the hot tub or compete in the swimming pool.
The spectacular dining hall can host your celebrations, with solid oak long tables and chairs. For a cosy location in winter, there is a log burner.
The farmhouse kitchen boasts a large AGA cooker, and is fully equipped for either self-catering or caterers.
The lounge, with comfy sofas, LCD TV, DVD player & iPod docking station, gives you somewhere to relax during the evenings.
The Manor provides plenty of space and an abundance of bedrooms, ideal for that special occasion. There are extensive gardens and an orchard behind.
"Spacious ground floor"
* Sitch Plantation - superking/twin singles with next door shower room
* Lounge with large screen TV, DVD and iPod docking station
* Large dining hall to seat up to 34, with log burner (logs supplied)
* Farmhouse kitchen with AGA
"8 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms"
* Fish Tail Creek - superking/twin singles plus additional single bed with en-suite shower room
* Upperfields Bay - superking/twin singles
* Shiningford Creek - superking/twin singles plus additional single bed
* Stones Island - superking/twin singles
* Bathrooms 1 & 2
"Sleeps 18 in total"
* Brown Ale Bay - superking/twin singles
* North Island - superking/twin singles.
* Shower Room
* Millfields Island - superking/twin singles with en-suite shower room
"Swimming pool and hot tub"
* Private hot tub on the terrace, with garden furniture and BBQ
* Shared use of the outdoor swimming open May - October
* Extensive gardens surrounded by Derbyshire countryside
* Children's play frame in the garden
* Short walk to the Carsington Trail and visitor centre with cycle hire
"A spectacular venue..."
"The ladies loved the place"
by Clare - March 2018
Julia, thank you so much for such a fantastic weekend away in your accommodation, it was truly spectacular, all the ladies loved the place, it was perfect for our needs.
"A truly satisfied customer!"
by Sarah - February 2017
Thank you for such a fantastic venue for our hen celebrations. Shiningford manor is stunning and the dining hall what can you say except wow! Perfect property lovingly decorated and exceptionally well kept.
You have been excellent in all your communication and have been a pleasure to deal with so thank you.
"Shiningford was fantastic"
by Simon - May 2016
Just a quick email to compliment on the facilities at Shiningford! I have stayed in a few holiday cottages now and with old buildings you nearly always have some kind of problem (expected) but I have to say Shiningford was fantastic. We had everything we needed and more. I will certainly be recommending and hope to stay again myself.
"The pictures don't do it justice"
by Emma - Jan 2015
We stayed at the Shiningford Manor in Jan 2015 for my sisters hen do, the accommodation was fantastic! The rooms were lovely, all very clean, brilliant hot tub! The kitchen was great too - the pictures don't do it justice. I have already recommended it to my friends and we're planning our next trip!
Explore and Book your unforgettable experience with us today!
Our Latest News
What's happening locally, events and updates to our properties - everything to improve your stay.
See all news