Tripadvisor have just named the Peak District among the top 5 National Parks in Europe, according to votes for the 2021 Travellers’ Choice Awards.
The Peak District is one of just two British locations to make the Global Top 25 list, joining stunning destinations like Croatia’s Plitvice Lakes National Park. So, why not plan your next trip away to the beautiful Peak District National Park for an active holiday?
Located at the base of the Peak District National Park and surrounded by stunning countryside, our holiday cottages are a fantastic base for a walking holiday or outdoorsy getaway. Breathe in the fresh air and take in the picturesque views on these rural rambles near our Derbyshire venues!
Close to Shiningford, Shepherd’s View Lodge or Standlow:
- Carsington Reservoir – cycle or walk the Carsington trail, where you can take the 8 mile route around the reservoir or stop part way at the visitor centre.
- Brassington and Carsington Village – 8.5 miles in total, or join for a section from the end of Step 7 if you are staying at Shiningford.
- Middleton to Youlgreave – wander the Peak District dales on this 45 minute walk
- Monyash and Lathkill Dale – a 4 mile walk through the White Peaks.
Perfect for guests staying at Ashbourne Hall:
- From Ashbourne to Mapleton – 5 miles in total, or start at the end of Step 5 if you want to join this trail straight from Ashbourne Hall.
- The Tissington Trail – a short drive to the start of the Tissington Trail, where you can park and either walk this 7.5 mile route, or simply explore the quaint village with your family.
- Dovedale – either follow this 3 hour walk through the Peak District, or take the family for a stroll across the famous stepping stones
- Monsal Head and Ashford-in-the-Water – if you want to explore the Peak District, try this 4 mile walking trail
Ideal for Hollywood House groups:
- Cromford Canal – a walk for the history-buffs!
- Elvaston Castle Country Park – a beautiful large estate that is great for families.
- Matlock Bath – although this walking trail is only 3.7 miles long, there are some tough uphill sections.
- Birchover and the Peaks – for a day in the Peak District, try this 5 mile walk
This is just a small selection of the array of scenic walks and hikes in the Derbyshire Dales and Peak District National Park. For more guided walks, check your visitor book in our holiday cottages.