A place to stay and celebrate...
"Stunning venue with swimming pool and hot tubs, at the side of Carsington Water"
Beautiful Grade II listed country manor & converted stables, both with spectacular views of Carsington Water.
Shiningford offers complete privacy for your event, making it perfect for weddings, corporate team building, hen & stag weekends, or family gatherings.
With a large outdoor swimming pool and 2 hot tubs, one at The Manor and one at The Stables, this venue is perfect for all ages and occasions.
Shiningford is surrounded by Derbyshire countryside, at the side of Carsington Water.
Good WIFI connection
Shiningford is situated within 5 acres, with sweeping manicured lawns and lovely orchards and paddocks. A stroll to the end of the private driveway brings you to the traffic-free trail around Carsington Water. This trail allows you to walk or cycle around some of the loveliest countryside in The Peak District, and is perfect for children.
Turn left at the end of the driveway, and a short walk brings you to the quaint village of Carsington.The village pub, The Miners Arms, welcomes large group bookings for lunch or evening dining. You can also sample the Real Ales, or hire bicycles from here.
"The Manor, Stables & Tack Room - DE4 4PS"
* This luxury country house has 8 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms/en-suites, sleeping 18 guests in total.
* There is the option to add The Tack Room, for two double bedrooms to sleep an additional 4 guests.
* The Stables offers 5 en-suite bedrooms, sleeping 12 guests, with a large communal dining/kitchen/lounge area.
* WIFI available freely
"Exclusive Use - sleeping 34"
* Shiningford is the ultimate luxury. When booked on an exclusive basis, Shiningford can accommodate gatherings of up to 34 guests.
* Shiningford Manor affords a splendid dining hall with exposed trusses and a wood burning stove, creating an atmospheric space for celebratory dining for up to 34 guests.
* Shiningford also contains an outdoor swimming pool (available between May-September) and summer house, overlooking the wonderful views of Carsington Water.
"Wonderful wedding venue in a perfect setting"
* This enchanting venue in Derbyshire is ideal for wedding celebrations, offering a fairytale garden for a marquee, or hard standing ground for a magical winter wedding.
* Situated down a long driveway, flanked by woodland and sitting in grounds in excess of 5 acres, Shiningford offers a private venue suitable for a marquee, yurt or tipi. This enables you to entertain up to 150 guests.
* Shiningford is a favourite choice for couples wanting to design their own wedding in a natural country style, surrounded by fields and wildlife.
"Suitable for a mix of 12, 16, 18, 22 or 34 guests"
* By mixing and matching the accommodation to suit your numbers, Shiningford can cater for smaller groups of 12 in the Stables, or larger numbers by using The Manor and adding the Tack Room.
* Shiningford Manor and The Stables each have a hot tub, parking, private gardens and a patio with a BBQ .
* The outoor swimming pool is open during the warmer months and is shared by all guests.
* Perfect venue for your group celebrations and family get-togethers.
"A spectacular venue..."
"Just perfect for all our friends and extended family"
by Mansell family - July 2016
We chose Shiningford for my husbands 50th celebrations and it was just perfect for all our friends and extended family. From the moment we arrived the weekend was just perfect. We all enjoyed the swimming pool and the hot tub despite the weather . We walked the trail on the Sunday morning to walk off the excessive after-effects of Saturday night and the scenery and fresh air completed the weekend. Thank you
"The scenery was breath taking"
by Smith & Sons - July 2016
Just a quick email to say thank you for providing such a great venue for our annual family holiday. The accommodation was clean, comfy and catered for all our needs. I organise this annual event and it becomes difficult to find a venue to suit all ages, but Shiningford definitely did. We are already looking at coming back again next year.
"Just perfect for my celebration"
by Davies Family - Xmas 2016
My husband booked this as a surprise for me and it was just what I needed after such a traumatic year. Everyone loved the house and gardens and we have so many memories to keep of the time we shared together.
I have recommended Shiningford to so many people since we returned that I am not surprised that you are already booked for Xmas next year.
"I am happy to recommend it to anyone!"
by Family celebration - July 2016
We all had a lovely time and we all carry happy memories of our stay at Shiningford. You run a very efficient and well appointed establishment and I am happy to recommend it to anyone!
Our Latest News
What's happening locally, events and updates to our properties - everything to improve your stay.
See all news