A place to stay and celebrate...
"Stunning venue with swimming pool and hot tubs, at the side of Carsington Water"
A Grade II listed country manor house and converted stables provide accommodation for large groups, in the beautiful setting of the Derbyshire countryside.
Shiningford offers complete privacy for your event, making it perfect for weddings, corporate team building, hen & stag weekends, or family gatherings.
With an outdoor swimming pool and two hot tubs, one at The Manor and one at The Stables, this venue is perfect for all ages and occasions.
Shiningford is at the foot of the Peak District, next to the picturesque Carsington Water.
Shiningford is situated within 5 acres, with sweeping manicured lawns, and lovely orchards and paddocks. A stroll to the end of the private driveway brings you to the traffic-free trail around Carsington Water. This trail allows you to walk or cycle around some of the loveliest countryside in Derbyshire, and is perfect for children.
Turn left at the end of the driveway, and a short walk brings you to the quaint village of Carsington. The village pub, The Miners Arms, welcomes large group bookings for lunch or evening dining. You can also sample the real ales, or hire bicycles from here.
"The Manor, Stables & Tack Room - DE4 4PS"
* This beautiful country house has 9 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms/en-suites, sleeping 19 guests in total.
* There is the option to add on The Tack Room, for two double bedrooms to sleep an additional 4 guests.
* The Stables offers 5 en-suite bedrooms, sleeping 12 guests, with a modern dining/kitchen/lounge area.
* WIFI included.
"Exclusive Use - sleeping 35"
* When booked on an exclusive basis, Shiningford provides large group accommodation for up to 35 guests.
* Shiningford Manor affords a splendid dining hall with exposed trusses and a wood burning stove, creating an atmospheric space for celebratory dining for up to 35 guests.
* Shiningford also has an outdoor swimming pool (available between May-September) and summer house
"Wonderful wedding venue in a perfect setting"
* This enchanting venue in Derbyshire is ideal for wedding celebrations, offering a fairytale garden for a marquee, or hard standing ground for a magical winter wedding.
* Situated down a long driveway, flanked by woodland and sitting in grounds in excess of 5 acres, Shiningford offers a private venue suitable for a marquee, yurt or tipi wedding reception. This enables you to entertain up to 250 guests.
* Shiningford is a favourite choice for couples wanting to design their own wedding in a natural country style, surrounded by fields and wildlife.
"Suitable for a mix of 12, 16, 19, 23 or 35 guests"
* By mixing and matching the accommodation to suit your numbers, Shiningford can cater for smaller gatherings of 12 in the Stables, or larger groups by using The Manor and adding the Tack Room.
* Shiningford Manor and The Stables each have a hot tub, parking, private gardens and a patio with a BBQ.
* The outdoor swimming pool is open during the warmer months and is shared by all guests.
* Shiningford is a perfect venue for your group celebrations and family get-togethers.
"A spectacular venue..."
"We had everything we needed and more"
by Simon - May 2016
Just a quick email to compliment on the facilities at Shiningford! I have stayed in a few holiday cottages now and with old buildings you nearly always have some kind of problem (expected) but I have to say Shiningford was fantastic. We had everything we needed and more. I will certainly be recommending and hope to stay again myself.
"Just perfect for all our friends and extended family"
by Mansell family - July 2016
We chose Shiningford for my husbands 50th celebrations and it was just perfect for all our friends and extended family. From the moment we arrived the weekend was just perfect. We all enjoyed the swimming pool and the hot tub despite the weather . We walked the trail on the Sunday morning to walk off the excessive after-effects of Saturday night and the scenery and fresh air completed the weekend. Thank you
"The scenery was breath taking"
by Smith & Sons - July 2016
Just a quick email to say thank you for providing such a great venue for our annual family holiday. The accommodation was clean, comfy and catered for all our needs. I organise this annual event and it becomes difficult to find a venue to suit all ages, but Shiningford definitely did. We are already looking at coming back again next year.
"Just perfect for my celebration"
by Davies Family - Xmas 2016
My husband booked this as a surprise for me and it was just what I needed after such a traumatic year. Everyone loved the house and gardens and we have so many memories to keep of the time we shared together.
I have recommended Shiningford to so many people since we returned that I am not surprised that you are already booked for Xmas next year.
Our Latest News
What's happening locally, events and updates to our properties - everything to improve your stay.
See all news