A place to stay and celebrate...
"Large dining barn able to dine up to 40 - for all your group activities and entertaining"
This large group self-catering accommodation with hot tub and games room is near Alton Towers, and is child and pet friendly. For groups of guests staying in the cottages at Standlow, The Barn is the ideal location to gather together.
The open-plan ground floor area enables you to dine and relax together, and offers a large space for group activities. With long tables and a bespoke kitchen area, the Barn makes it easy to dine as a group.
Comfy sofas and a widescreen TV, opening onto a terrace with a BBQ completes this fantastic venue. You can even enjoy the beautiful views over the village of Kniveton and the surrounding Derbyshire countryside whilst relaxing in the hot tub.
The Barn sleeps 7 guests upstairs in 1 double/twin bedroom ensuite, 1 twin bedroom and a central open-plan bedroom sleeping 3.
There is also a further bathroom.
The Barn offers a unique opportunity for groups to have a large, modern and comfortable area to all get together in a relaxed atmosphere.
There is something for everyone and plenty of space for organised activities.
The Barn has a private hot tub on the terrace and a piano for a singalong! Guests also have access to the shared games room, fit with snooker tables and table football.
Good WIFI and 3G available.
"Unique features of the Dining Barn"
* Large kitchen area, incorporating two oven, one grill and six hotplate range cooker
* Dining for 20 people on soft chairs and several tables. Additional tables and chairs can be added for dining up to 30
* Sofas and lounge furniture give an area for relaxing and group discussions, or space for activities
* Assisted mobility access provided with disabled toilet on the ground floor
"Lots of space for relaxing & entertaining"
* A piano is provided for those with a musical ear!
* Large screen TV, DVD, stereo system and ceiling radio provide further entertainment
* Accommodation on the upper floor of the Barn is comprised of two bedrooms with twin/kingsize beds, two contemporary bathrooms, and a mezzanine with a large circular bed and additional single bed
"Hot tub and BBQ on the terrace"
* Patio terrace with built in BBQ and picnic tables for al-fresco eating, plus private heated hot tub
* Spectacular views of the Kniveton valley and Derbyshire countryside, with a village pub within walking distance
* Light and airy accommodation, providing a wonderful atmospheric area
"Large games room available whatever the weather"
* Shared use of the large games room incorporating 2 fullsize snooker/pool tables, air hockey, table tennis and bar billiards
* Shared use of the paddock for ball games and children's playarea
* WIFI and 3G available
* Shared use of the laundry room
"A spectacular venue..."
by Kathy & family
Just wanted to say thank you. We had a lovely weekend with our family (who don’t get to meet very often as we live a long way apart) Everyone really enjoyed your beautiful cottages and the barn was just the best thing of all. A brilliant idea so we could all eat, drink, play and socialise together. Everything we needed was there. We were so glad that we had chosen a place that gave us plenty of indoor space (though we were just a bit disappointed that we actually needed it!). Never been in a hot tub before with such a perfect view either.
The pub in the village (Red Lion) also did a great job catering for all of us on Saturday evening, so we’d definitely recommend them if anyone else asks you.
Started looking already for the next time; we may well be in touch with you again!
A great place to stay in, thats out in the countryside with some beautiful views. The Barn was lovely and spacious with a fantastic hot tub outside to make the most of the views whilst relaxing with friends and family. Standlow also has a good little playarea, which my children loved going on. It’s only about 10 minutes drive from the nearest town of Ashbourne and the village of Kniveton has a wonderful pub that serves some delicious food. All in all a fantastic place to stay.
We stayed at Standlow for a weekend in The Barn and cottages with a group of friends. From the moment we arrived we were impressed with the property and its facilities. After cooking in the spacious kitchen , we spent the night relaxing in our private hot tub. Overall a very enjoyable experience and would definitely stay again.
Just spent a lovely weekend at standlow farm. The barn was excellent for a group of 19 of us to get together an we made use of the fab hot tub! The cottages & barn were very clean. Fantastic views. Would highly recommend! We went for a hen weekend would love to go with the whole family for birthdays or Christmas!
Explore and Book your unforgettable experience with us today!
Our Latest News
What's happening locally, events and updates to our properties - everything to improve your stay.
See all news