"Beautiful accommodation in a beautiful setting"
The Stables are available to hire privately, or together with Shiningford Manor and The Tack Room.
The Stables offers bespoke, contemporary self-catering accommodation for up to 12 guests across 5 en-suite bedrooms. Guests can enjoy the private hot tub and swimming pool.
The stylish kitchen in The Stables is equipped to a very high standard, with a large range cooker, bottle cooler, microwave & fridge-freezer, all complimented by polished granite work surfaces.
The kitchen flows into the dining and living space with a large wall-mounted TV and DVD player. The living area has huge comfy sofas, long solid oak tables and leather chairs, offering a relaxing space for everyone.
All of The Stables self-catering accommodation is on ground level, making it perfect for the extended family or friends.
Each bedroom is en-suite, with one family room that can sleep 4.
"5 en-suite bedrooms, sleeping up to 12"
The bedroom layout is as follows:
* Buzzard Bedroom - Super King/twin singles plus two further single beds, en-suite shower room
* Tufted Duck Bedroom - Super King/twin singles, en-suite shower room
* King Fisher Bedroom - Super King/twin singles, en-suite shower room
* Crested Grebe Bedroom - Double bed, en-suite shower room
* Lapwing Bedroom - Super King/twin singles, en-suite bathroom
"Plenty of space to relax"
* Modern kitchen and two dining tables
* Open-plan lounge with comfy sofas and TV
* Wifi throughout
* Private patio with hot tub, BBQ and garden furniture
* Shared outdoor swimming pool (open May-September)
* Dog-friendly - £20 charge per dog
* Access to over an acre of communal grounds
* Shared children's play frame
* Private parking
* At the end of the long drive you can access the trail around Carsington Water
* A short walk to Carsington village and The Miners Arms
* Wirksworth is situated 3 miles away, and Ashbourne 6 miles away
* Gateway to the Peak District
"A spectacular venue..."
"The hot tub & swimming pool were the icing on the cake"
by Sophie - May 2017
I recently booked The Stables & The Tack Room for my friends hen weekend. It was absolutely wonderful. We were so impressed when we arrived, the size & quality was overwhelming. We wanted for nothing, everything you need is there & it is beautiful. Great comfy beds, sparklingly clean, huge sofas & lots of room. The kitchen was great, with lots of crockery. We hired an amazing chef, recommended on the web site, his food was out of this world! The Hot Tub & swimming pool were the icing on the cake. I cannot recommend The Stables highly enough, a brilliant place for any event or family holiday.
by John & Helen - Aug 2017
Fantastic place to stay, very clean, very comfortable and very relaxing! Only slight negative the hot tub could have been bigger and the swimming pool a little warmer or us a little braver! Very easy booking and very helpful and informative communication. Will definitely be looking to stay again.
"Amazing place, beautiful"
by Manchester - July 2017
Stayed for a long weekend for a friend's birthday. The Stables are beautifully deocrated to a high specification. The rooms were spotless, nothing to fault. Outside lots of room to swim, barbecue and relax, a great place to escape from it all.
"Fantastic accommodation "
by Shelley - May 2016
Stayed here over the bank holiday weekend, and what a beautiful place. The accommodation is immaculate and was ideal for us as a family, old and young. Managed to use the hot tub, but the pool was out of reach thanks to the great British weather. Hope to return
Explore and Book your unforgettable experience with us today!
Our Latest News
What's happening locally, events and updates to our properties - everything to improve your stay.
See all news